Friday, December 21, 2007

We interrupt Christmas for Book Talk

So early last night, I finished The Wednesday Letters, by Jason F. Wright, and wasn't overly thrilled with it. It was a good read, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the caliber of Christmas Jars, by Jason Wright. So, instead of wrapping a couple more packages, or baking, I started a new book Third Degree, by Greg Iles that is due to the library on Dec. 26th. And I got sucked into it very quickly. It grabbed me on the first page. It's a psychological thriller with some "adult content" (just to warn you if you prefer rated G reading material). I've been a fan of Greg Iles for many years now and have read most of his earlier books. I read over 100 pages last night before I finally went to sleep. I think I'm going to have to hand the book over to hubby to hide if I plan to do anything today. Yesterday was incredibly relaxing but today I need to get going on baking and finishing the last minute shopping!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Been a little behind with blog reading but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Looking forward to catching up after the holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Third Degree was very good! I'm behind on my reading, but have Christmas Jars on my nightstand, along with Eat, Pray, Love.
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!