and relaxed! Yesterday was my last day of work until January 7th. You cannot imagine how good that feels. The last three days were crazy with the students. They are oh so excited about Christmas! Hard keeping them in some control while dealing with two rainy days too. But it is done! We made candy trains yesterday. They loved it. Messy but fun!
I made a concerted effort to cut down my spending on holiday gifts for co-workers. It was getting way out of hand last year. With hubby retired now, I had the perfect reason to "cut down" and I let folks know up front. I gave most of my gifts on Tuesday so people would know that they weren't too extravagant. For my grade level team, I baked goodies. They are all young and single (all in their 20s, so young!) so I baked Can't Leave Alone Bars, Butterscotch cookies, and Cake Mix cookies (with devil's food cake mix and dark chocolate M&Ms). I think next year, since I won't be working on my masters' program, I'll bake for almost everyone. It's just easier!
Today, I am staying home in my jammies all day long! I'm making my list of errands to run tomorrow (Target for a couple of gifts and stocking stuffers, Borders, the library, the grocery store), grocery shopping, and baking list. I'm going to knit to finish a gift scarf. Visit with my sister and her two kids when they stop by this afternoon. Drink more coffee. Hug my husband. Maybe begin baking some cookies (everything I baked the other night was given away). Call my friend in Vegas to check on her (she's on bedrest, 6 weeks to go to delivery date!). Maybe take a nap. Finish reading The Wednesday Letters so I can return it to the library tomorrow.
And then I will try to catch up on the Christmas blogging countdown. Yeah!
2 comments:
Oh, that's wonderful! Enjoy every minute, sounds like you've got some fun and relaxing things all lined up :)
Merry Christmas!!!
VACATION!!! Woot woot! Enjoy it, savor it, and your baked goods sound yummy too -
Post a Comment