Meeting two of my favorite nieces, Sonia and Carina, for lunch at a crepes restaurant and then off to see The Kite Runner Movie. We all read the book and have been talking about going to see the movie for months now (way before it came out). Today is the day! I love both of these young ladies. Sonia is a junior in college and Sonia is a middle school counselor. We love to talk books and movies. Great ladies and I feel honored they'd spend some time with their old auntie! They are actually my husband's nieces, his side of the family. But I don't distinguish family like that, I claim them as mine!
After that outing, I'm coming home to make artichoke dip. We usually spend every NYE at my husband's sister's home. Her daughter's birthday is today and she does an informal get-together. My husband has a photography job so he won't be there. Someone hired him to shoot their NYE extravangza. It'll be our first year in 22 years that we won't be together to ring in the new year. I could go to the photo shoot with him but that feels weird.
Overall, 2007 has been a good year. Better than 2006, that's for sure. I hope to get around to highlighting some of the highlights of the year later today or tomorrow.
1 comment:
Happy 2008 Maria! I wish you only good things in the new year.
Post a Comment