Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday already?

Yeah, it's almost the weekend! This week has flown by! Monday was tough to get back to work but things are full swing now. It's been a busy, busy week, especially in the evenings. Always something to do around here with one of the boys. Always reading and writing to do for my masters program. I had a chance to do some Christmas shopping at Target on Tuesday night while I was waiting for youngest son to finish up at a meeting. Got several people crossed off my list and lots of the "game stealing gifts" taken care of. I remembered to buy wrapping paper and will try to wrap those things up this weekend. Hubby is getting out all the decorations and we hope to decorate the inside of the house this weekend. I'm starting to get in the spirit a bit. Yeah!

On another note, my absence has been due to a technical problem. Tuesday morning I went to turn on my laptop. Nothing came up on the monitor even though it was obvious the computer was on. My hubby hooked it up to a big honking external monitor (an old one in the garage) while I was at work and determined my monitor burned out. I've had this laptop for about 26 months and used it nearly every day. It has served me well. I hadn't backed everything up so I'm working on that now. While we have two other desktop computers and two laptops in the house, I already miss this one. I guess we'll have to spend the money to replace it as friends tell me it's not worth repairing the monitor. So I've been online less because using the keyboard on the laptop and looking at this big monitor is just plain uncomfortable. Funny how quickly we get spoiled. I'm also going to be backing up my iTunes Library thanks to this warning from Stacy. Read for yourself here~~Exceedingly Mundane » Word to the Wise!

OK, off to work. Busy day there but at least there's Grey's Anatomy tonight, right?

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ok, I'm totally jealous you've started Christmas shopping. I have not, nor do I have a single solitary idea of what to get anyone this year. Any kind of inspiration has not hit this year, nor have I been offered lists, hints or ideas :) Good for you though!

Bummer on the laptop. I know what you mean about getting attached to one, though. After you use a computer for a while, trying to use a different one just feels weird!

YEAH for backing up your iTunes! I still haven't pieced mine back together yet. Still slowly working on it but it's taking forever. I'm so glad you are making a good backup!

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

Lucky you to get some Christmas shopping done. We are going shopping this weekend. Sorry about your computer, I just got my laptop in May and don't know how I did without it before now. I still have my big computer and I think the picture is better on the bigger one. Anyway have a great weekend!