It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
knitting therapy continues
I can see why people knit. It gives me something calm to focus on when life gets too chaotic. I wish I had known how to knit when my mother was ill and in and out of the ER. It would have helped me to settle down when I was anxious. Nonetheless, I now can do simple scarves and hope to try something more challenging by the summer! But for now, I really enjoy the relaxing pace of a simple K2P2 scarf. Here's the finished scarf I donated to the raffle at the Relay for Life last weekend:
And here is the one I'm knitting for a special friend in the Northwest. I really, really, like this color of green!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am knitting a hat in this SAME GREEN right now! I just love your scarf. Care to share the details on how you did it? I, too, love a simple k2p2 scarf.
VERY pretty. I'm sure your friend in the Northwest that loves green will appreciate the work and love that went into it. Gorgeous job on the RLF one too.
Knitting or crocheting is a very comforting thing for the soul. It gives you a chance to relax and unwind.
So happy this is comforting to you.
I love what you are doing.
Post a Comment