Sunday, October 7, 2007

American Cancer Relay for Life Update



Some friends were inquiring how the Relay for Life went last weekend. I was able to raise $1,305.00 in contributions from generous friends, family, and co-workers. My team raised a total of $8,244.00 for the American Cancer Society. I am proud to say that I raised the most as an individual team member. Thank you to all the people who supported me on this important event, whether it was monetary donations, good thoughts, or prayers for a successful event. Below are pictures of the team I was on (That's me second from the left in the back), and my dear friend Lisa, who was our team captain. Our team's theme was USC (United in Stopping Cancer). Lisa and her family are huge USC fans and I'm a graduate of USC. The girl in the front row is my former student, Lisa's daughter. She was in my class for both second and fifth grade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you went to USC! Kerry (age 12) says that's the school she wants to go to! Sorry about the football loss yesterday :-)

Christine said...

I was wondering how it went - I hope it was a wonderful experience yet again for you, and congratulations on being the top fundraiser on the team!