and not a moment too soon! Today was crazy! There was a gas leak in the kitchen of the school cafeteria where my staff development was held today. We had to evacuate while the fire dept. came and checked it out. Then the "disaster alarm" wouldn't go off so we were dismissed early for lunch. We went to Applebee's which had just opened in our area. After an hour and no food, I asked for the manager. Once I voiced my complaints and asked to be comped for our meals, we waited another ten minutes for our food "to go" and money back. We had already paid our bills in the hopes of speeding things up so we could get back for afternoon meetings on time. I could not believe our luck today. The rest of the day was uneventful and productive back at our own school site. Thank God for that.
Hubby and I watched the taped Grey's from last night. Wow! So much to think about. I loved McDreamy's speech to her and that he said he didn't know what he'd do if someone came along while he was waiting for Grey to be ready. And I'm glad Callie isn't backing down or throwing George out. The previews for next week were really good too! Woo-hoo! And I loved the John Legend song in the end.
This is another busy weekend. Tomorrow I've got some work to do for my master's program. Then I'm spending the bulk of the day at the football field. Hubby is doing the sports photography and I'm running the photo sales table. It's fun but makes for a very long day. I'll probably take my knitting and hope to finish up a scarf.
Sunday we are going to a housewarming party for my cousins. Looking forward to it. I'll finally see my older brother again, it's been three months since I last saw him. My sister and younger brother will be there too. We haven't all four been in the same place since late June. We don't even live that far apart. So good things and definitely good food to look forward to. Sunday night will wrap up with lesson plans for next week.
I hope to do a blog post this weekend about our trip to the apple farms last Sunday. It was a day I want to document and remember.
3 comments:
ACK - I covered the Grey's paragraph since I'm still not caught up - but what a day you had!!! I hope that your weekend is a nice one - sounds like you have some fun things planned. Enjoy seeing your brother!
I'm sorry for the terribel day you had.
It sounds like you have a great weekend planned with some fun things to do.
Hope you had a great weekend - sounds like a super busy one :)
Post a Comment