Sunday, September 23, 2007

Missing Mom...

today more than ever. It would have been her 82nd birthday. This is the last photo my two brothers, sister, and I took with her. This photo was taken at her 80th birthday party--a complete surprise to her. We invited 80 people--family and friends. Some people she hadn't seen in years. A lovely day at the park, celebrating her life. She loved every minute of it and bragged about how old friends of hers told her how lucky she was to have kids like us. Her children were her pride and joy. Her grandchildren were the light of her life.

Today, as always, I think of you, Mom. I miss you but I know you are watching over me. I feel you beside me in this journey of life. You have made me who I am today. You will never be forgotten. And most of all, I believe you are in such a better place now.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. Tears. This is the most wonderful photo! I hope you have it framed and matted. Ever thought of making it black and white? Send it to me in a file and I'll jazz it up for you.
SunnyNole at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

80 people for her 80th birthday...and what it wonderful party it was! It added more good memories to the ones you already had. The picture is wonderful, and I know you treasure it. Of course you are missing your mom today{{{{Maria}}}} , but you know she is always with you.

Trish said...

How wonderful that you have such a great photo of a day that made your mom so happy. Thanks for sharing it, Maria. I know how much your mom meant to you, and how much you miss her. But she'll live on in your heart, always. Big hugs to you today....

Karen said...

This brought tears to my eyes. That is such a beautiful photo. I know how much you miss your mom. She was beautiful!