Monday, September 24, 2007

Good things this Monday

include a painless mammogram done in less than ten minutes. As a reward to myself for not neglecting such an important procedure, I stopped in at a local Tall Mouse Arts, Crafts & Custom Framing store. A friend had told me that she had seen some pretty yarns there. I haven't been to this store in a couple of years, certainly not since I began knitting in January 2007. So I stopped in there and bought some of this yarn. It is 100% Peruvian wool and I'm super excited to knit it up into a scarf. It is going to be for a very special friend who loves green! After that, I swung through the drive-thru at Burger King for a Mocha BK Joe Iced Coffee. Great treat and there aren't any Burger Kings really close to my home. Then on to the library with my oldest son. On the way, he was telling me how much he loves reading now. He checked out some interesting titles and I shared goodreads.com with him and how it works. He's already signed up and is adding books. Now it's time to get going on my homework. Overall, today was a good start to the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely shade of green! Glad you had such a good start to the week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day, and congrats and a quick and painless mammie. :))))))))))))))))))) I do plan to post the yarn that I'm using right now to my blog... sooon.... I've been in "birthday" land lately trying to get some gifts done before the weekend. :)))))))

Karen said...

Good luck on your scarf. I love that color green.