Saturday, September 22, 2007

Good things so far


this weekend. Bunco with the sister-in-laws and nieces last night. My sister-in-law made a delicious chicken tortilla soup. She also made a Kahlua chocolate cake that I successfully avoided eating. I asked for mine "to go" so I can eat it today. I wanted to weigh in at W.W. this morning so I chewed gum through all the Bunco playing. Can't stuff all the chocolate and Chex Mix at the playing tables in your mouth when you're smacking on gum! I weighed in this morning and was within my "goal weight" range, actually down 1.2 lbs. from August weigh-in. Good stuff. On the way home this morning, I stopped at the Mexican bakery and bought some pan dulce (or sweet bread) for our breakfast. A rare treat--only do it once every three months or so. Enjoyed that with some fresh coffee hubby brewed for me. Last night, on the way home from Bunco it started raining. How wonderful, I love the rain. It rained on all night long. I loved hearing the rain on the roof. So comforting. Even better that it held off for the weekend. Rain on a school day is not a good thing for teachers. The kids get too riled up since it rarely rains here. The rain has stopped so hubby went off to the football field to do more action photography. Me...I'm having another cup of coffee. Going to put Grey's Anatomy Season One DVD on and knit some on my scarf. It has to be finished by Thursday night. I'm loving it so far. The yarn is so pretty! I hope the weekend continues at a slow pace. I'll think about the two papers I have to write a bit later today. After lunch!

No comments: