
So last night, I realized that I haven't knit in a couple of weeks. I had finished some scarves off for gifts and didn't really get into anything else. I pulled out my "yarn tub" and gathered up my "lap afghan" that was in progress. I had put it aside during the summer because I could not stand having all that yarn on my lap while I knit. With the weather cooling off, it's good to have it out again. I put on my iPod earbuds, started a podcast, and began knitting at 10 p.m. It instantly made me feel better. Then when my fingers got tired, I pulled out this library book: Knit Together, by Debbie Macomber. It talks about finding God's purpose in your life. I feel that teaching is my purpose but it is still good to read her positive remarks on walking in God's presence and trusting in him. Together, the knitting and her book, made me feel better last night.
This morning I already had an e-mail from a caring friend asking about my worries and reminding me that I am loved. Thank you, Mary Beth. Thank you to all the friends who have shown support. Today will be a better day.
2 comments:
{{{Maria}}} You are so loved, and we are always here for you!!!
I love that you relaxed a bit and did something for you. You are definitely loved, and I'm praying that today IS a better day for you! {{{{Maria}}}}
Post a Comment