
OK, let me say first and foremost, I love my life. I absolutely love my job and am passionate about it. I love my family more than anything. I love what I'm learning in my master's program in Elementary Reading and Literacy. I love to read. I love to knit. I love to listen to podcasts. I love spending time with family and friends. My brain wants to learn so much more in this life. My heart wants to reach out to others and make a difference.
But my head feels like it is ready to explode. I feel like there are lots of conflicting thoughts/ideas going on in there. Things I want to do. Things I wish I could do. Things I should do! Things my overwhelmed brain longs to do--like go back to Oregon and Washington and a simpler pace.
I just want Mr. Clean to come erase all these "things to do" in my brain and wipe the slate clean. Temporarily, of course. Just so I can focus on writing my huge paper for my master's class today. Because I haven't started it and it's worth 20% of my grade. And it requires lots of research and analysis. And, honestly, I'd rather knit, read, or watch Season One and Two of Grey's Anatomy to prepare for getting Season 3's DVD. Not that I'm not interested in my topic. I'm just more interested in relaxing and not thinking so hard after a very mentally and emotionally draining week at work.
Dr. McDreamy or research? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I know what I want. So, Mr. Clean, please help me out. Do a clean erase of my "hard drive" for today, so I can get this paper written. Erase all my distracting thoughts and "to-do" items, and help me to focus. Because I'm really starting to wonder if I could have ADD!
3 comments:
{{{{{Maria}}}}} It's understandable you have all of those things running around your active brain. You are a busy, compassionate woman who has a heart of gold for the people she loves and the world around her. Everything running around at once can be overwhelming! But, make your brain write out a list of priorities. Make your paper number one, and something you would like to do number two, like Dr. Dreamy. You can have it all, just remember you are human and humans can only do so much at once. Love you!
If you find one, send me the info so I can get one too :)))))) LOL!
Hope you have a relaxing weekend. Try yoga or meditating. :)
I hope you are working furiously on the paper - maybe you could somehow work McDreamy into it - hmmm, here we go: "the benefits of reading recovery in the elementary education of morality with case studies in McDreamy vs. McSteamy and a young woman's fickleness - would early intervention prevent later angst?"
Post a Comment