It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Another weekend flies by...
and it's back to work tomorrow. Can I just say how exhausting three year old little princesses are? My granddaughter is such a joy but she is a whirlwind too. Boy, how I wish I could bottle her energy for myself. Overall, it was a great weekend. Lots of family time, homecooked meals, time outdoors, a trip to the library, some Target therapy, scrapbooking, and even some Golden Spoon frozen yogurt tonight when I took my niece home. Good times. The only thing missing? Some quiet time for just me. If I'm being completely honest, I missed that this weekend. My house was full of people. When my granddaughter and her mom visit, they stay all weekend until late Sunday night. I also had my 4 year old nephew and 2 year old niece here for a few hours last night plus my 12 year old niece last night and all day today. No quiet time to be found here. And I have come to realize that when I am teaching all week, I need some quiet time on the weekend. A small break from kids in general. My sons, all teenagers now, are pretty quiet around the house doing their own thing. But it is different with small busy children here. I often feel frazzled. And I crave some quiet time in the chaos. Hopefully next weekend will find that happening. I'm just saying, some quiet time makes me a happier me and a better teacher for my students come Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You had a wonderful, busy weekend! It was full of blessings, but I agree...you need some quiet time to recharge! You are so busy it may require scheduling that quiet time as it is just as important as anything else:-)
What a busy weekend you had! I totally understand about enjoying your blessings AND needing quiet time. We all need that. I hope you can find some very soon!
Post a Comment