Saturday, August 18, 2007

Interesting Reading

I just finished reading Here If You Need Me: A True Story: Books: Kate Braestrup from the library. What an interesting book! It's obviously a true story about a Maine woman who becomes a chaplain for the Maine game wardens. Her thoughts on God, love, death, and living make very interesting reading. I have never read a book like this that looks at caring for our deceased loved ones like this. I have never been to Maine either so I learned a lot about that part of the country's geography. I highly recommend this book.

Finally started reading Real Boys : Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood: Books: William Pollack,Mary Pipher. I've had this book on my bookshelf at home for a few years now. As the mother of three teenage boys, I decided I was wasting precious time not reading this book. I've only read the Introduction so far but already I've had a few "aha moments". Looking forward to reading more and sharing what I learn with friends that are also mothers of sons. I figure this will help me as a mother and also as a teacher.

No comments: