We woke up in Canada today! Our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, comes with a full breakfast so no exciting breakfast photos to share! While it's filling and saves us money, it's definitely not photo worthy.
Today we stayed locally near Richmond and took a drive over to Steveston Landing. We walked around the area and enjoyed these delicious mini donuts.
They were so delicious that we went back on the way to the car and bought two dozen for a midnight snack tonight.
We just had snacks for lunch after indulging in those mini donuts. Back to the hotel and another wonderful nap!
For dinner we walked about a block to eat at a local restaurant called Big River Brew Pub. The garlic fries were SOOOOO good!
I ordered a BBQ chicken pizza for my dinner and it was HUGE. I brought over half back to our room.
We took a longer route back to the hotel and I had to snap a photo of the cute and colorful Canadian mailbox:
Something else I saw today that I really liked was this book drop off box: Such a great idea! Not sure what happens to the books dropped off there though!
We hung out in the room in the evening watching some Food Network TV. It's something we both enjoy but rarely have time to do together at home. I got lots of reading done too on my kindle book When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. It's a free one from the amazon prime lending library. I'm really enjoying it.








No comments:
Post a Comment