Sunday, August 4, 2013

Anniversary Trip Day 2 August 4

Our day started with a short walk to Tully's Coffee for fresh coffee and a light breakfast. 
I cannot stand drinking coffee out of styrofoam cups in the hotel room. Yes, I know I am a coffee snob! We sat inside and I totally basked in the beauty of all the trees in the area: 
We don't have that so much where we come from in Los Angeles. I enjoyed just looking at the trees with the sunlight shining through them. 

Late morning we took about a 20 mile drive to Snowqualmie Falls. This location was definitely on our "must see" list for Seattle. I was just giddy seeing all the trees and forests along the highway. We had a good laugh when we realized Jose had left his very expensive and high quality Canon back in the hotel room.We decided against turning back for it. He had his iPad and I had my iPhone and Rebel.   Here are a few that snapped while Jose was driving: 




The quality of the iPhone photos is poor but I was so happy to be surrounded by the trees and big blue sky. 

These photos of Snoqualmie Falls were all taken with my iPhone. I did take photos with my Canon Rebel camera but I'm blogging this on the road using the blogger app. The photos don't do justice to the amazing beauty of the falls.



My son Matthew recommended the Yelp app to me and its been a tremendous help for the trip already. We were more than ready for lunch when we finished at the falls around 2:00. Yelp led us to Mo Barbeque for an incredibly delicious Texas BBQ pulled pork sandwich. 
I had to snap a photo of the rear view camera on the rental car that helped guide us out of the parking lot. Again, I realize this is nothing new for many of you, but I drive a 2004 minivan so this was cool for us! 

After that outing, we relaxed and napped back at the hotel for the rest of the afternoon. Felt so good to take it easy and I started a new book that I'm finding very interesting! 
Dinner was something light at Panera
And then a short walk upon returning to the hotel. Snapped these photos of Jose and the Infiniti rental car:
It was a fabulous first full day of vacation! Beautiful scenery, delicious food, and lots of rest and relaxation. 


2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love the photos and looks like you guys are having a blast! Have heard of Snoqualmie Falls, but no idea where they were, now I know! :)

Unknown said...

Glad you two are having so much fun. Enjoy!