Today was mostly about the food! It was our last full day in Victoria. We were pretty tired after our last two days of sightseeing. Thanks to yelp, I found this place to go for breakfast. It was a mile walk each way and well worth the effort. The biscuits and sausage gravy were so delicious. I had ordered one plain pancake and it was HUGE and dense and amazing with the warm maple butter syrup they served it with. The coffee was so good too and the service was excellent!
We sat at the counter because it's a really small place.
Afterwards we walked back and just relaxed in the room. For dinner, we walked another mile to The Pink Bicycle Cafe, another yelp recommendation. It was lightly drizzling on the way there. This place is known for its gourmet burgers using fresh meat grown locally. Jose had an amazing cheeseburger and salad.
I had a salmon burger. For my side dish I ordered a Canadian speciality called poutine. It is fries with a brown gravy and cheese curds (mozzarella balls). This one also had scallions and green onions on it. It was really tasty though salty. But I had to try it!
Afterwards we did all our souvenir shopping on Government Street. Glad that's done!








No comments:
Post a Comment