Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teenage Love

My son, Matthew, told me tonight that he broke up with his girlfriend, Rocio, and the reasons why (which I will keep private). I knew they would break up eventually and wanted to keep my distance so I didn't get "too attached" to her. After my oldest son, Joe, broke up with his first and only girlfriend, Jannelle, I was heartbroken. So I tried not to like Rocio too much but that was hard.She is smart, sweet, polite, pretty, and kind.


This is a photo from Rocio's FB page taken at their high school.

Most of all, tonight and in the days to come, my heart is hurting for her. You see, I was the one "dumped" in my high school romance. Although it was 31 years ago, I still remember the pain of going to school and seeing him. This break-up brought it all back and my heart is so sad for her. Who knows, maybe they will reunite and quite possibly, they won't. I know this is all part of life but it still makes me incredibly sad.

No comments: