It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
At the Table
Tonight at dinner it was just Jose, Matthew, and I. I actually enjoy having dinner with just one of our sons at a time. The whole dynamics are different. The time is truly a blessing as we focus on each son and allow him to direct the conversation if he wants to do so. I loved the time at the table tonight with Matthew. We discussed books and the pleasure of reading. Matthew is currently reading Physics of the Future for pleasure and Grapes of Wrath for his AP English class. We spoke of how he is choosing to read more in the evenings rather than so much computer time. A good portion of the conversation included his ideas for careers (doctor, politician, scientist) and possible colleges (UCLA, Berkeley, MIT). I shared about some of my students and their interests. He spoke of his physics teacher, Mr. Balarie, and his recommendations for colleges for Matthew's interests. We discussed the upcoming prom and his request for a vegetarian meal. These type of dinners when we really TALK just feed my soul. I love them and cherish them and that's why I rush to blog about it, lest I forget the simple moments that bring me such joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it such a joy when they let you into their lives so much? I just love it and grab the moment anytime it happens.
Post a Comment