Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Slice of Life Day 15

I'm back from a 3.6 mile one hour walk with my good friend, Silvia. The time and miles go by quickly when we visit about our jobs in education. We worked together last year when she was my instructional aide. This year she's moved up to the middle school with the same student she worked with in my class. I miss her in my classroom. She's witty, funny, and loving. She gets me. I'm grateful for the time to walk together, to move our bodies, share our thoughts, give each other encouragement. We're planning to walk at least twice a week for now. That's a good start on our road of becoming more physically fit.

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, good for you! I can't seem to get motivated yet about exercise. Sigh. It really does help to have a walking partner, hope you guys can stick to your plan and maybe even add a day eventually, so good for you :)

Bree said...

Good luck! Regular walking with my friend last summer certainly made me feel better physically and mentally.