This month I'm participating in the Slice of Life Challenge (SLOC) over at Two Writing Teachers. While I'm not linking up to their website, I'm committed to completing this challenge and have started it in my classroom with my fifth grade students. Some where pretty excited and others not so much. So while they wrote for 15 minutes, I wrote for the first ten of those minutes and then circulated the room to check on how they were doing.
Here's what I wrote for today's SOL:
It's usually my Wednesday morning treat! But after a very rough morning at home, I decided to go today instead. Leaving a good ten minutes earlier than usual, I made the short drive to the donut shop. Once inside, I inhaled the heady scent of sugary goodness and the fragrant aroma of my beloved coffee. While I make coffee at home each morning, donut shop coffee somehow exceeds the home coffee flavor. I knew what I wanted and wasn't distracted by the display case of freshly baked donuts and other goodies. I quickly ordered my blueberry muffin and large coffee and thought that surely this would be a better day now that I had visited my happy place. I left clutching the hot coffee in my cold hands and swining the blueberry muffin encased in the white, crisp bag. With these in my hand, I was inspired to make the best of the busy day ahead of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment