It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Only in California...
can you eat lunch in mid-February on a patio overlooking the Pacific. Yes, that's the original Queen Mary ship and a cruise ship in our view. The occasion was my best friend Tina's birthday lunch. Her mother passed away last June and I wanted to do something special for her on this birthday, the very first without hearing her mother's voice wishing her a happy birthday. She said she'd like to go somewhere we could walk around a bit and relax. I took her to Long Beach, to Parker's Lighthouse in Shoreline Village. It's a favorite restaurant of mine that I have been going to since college, though not frequently as it's rather pricey. However, I wanted to splurge on my dear friend. She enjoyed the meal but I think the experience of sitting outdoors, relaxing, and doing something different were the really special parts of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
small world. I've been there.
Post a Comment