I am going to include all sorts of things, big and small, to be thankful for over the next 30 days. However, the first thing I want to share is my faith in God and His son, Jesus Christ. I have grown in my faith over the last two years and I believe it is no coincidence that my growth has come at the same time that I am experiencing many changes and challenges in my personal life. As I've shared before, I went through extensive medical tests to determine if I can donate a kidney for my sister. I have not always felt comfortable with the idea of doing this donation as I went through the testing process. I've also gone through some big challenges as my sons have become teenagers and become more independent in their thinking and choices.
I have drawn closer to God. He has sustained me in many dark days and anxious ones as well. I have hope because of His promises. I feel His presence when I am anxious, worried, and concerned. I feel His presence in all the joyful times too.
So, today, I am simply thankful for my faith and a God who is SO big and loves me, despite my humanity and poor choices.
No comments:
Post a Comment