- had a relaxing Friday night on the couch with Jose while all 3 boys were out
- enjoyed a cup of coffee and just chatting with Jose in bed Saturday morning
- hung out in my jammies till almost 1 p.m. on Saturday, while on my laptop and reading my bible
- ate fairly healthy, staying away from processed foods as much as possible
- IMed with Trish
- got back on my Wii Fit after a nine month break and spent 35 minutes "working out", mostly doing strength training and aerobics. I was able to run in place for 4 minutes which seemed very significant to me, a non-runner
- cooked dinner with Jose on Saturday night--salmon, brown rice, and Italian squash
- finished watching the end of Couples Retreat on TV
- decided not to read Private by james Patterson and switched to a more chick lit book by Diane Chamberlain, The Lies We Told
- had good, long conversations with my sister and friend, Rose.
- went to church and was inspired by the message, Live: Living the Big and Small Moments
- went grocery shopping
- took a Sunday afternoon nap
- cooked a nice dinner for Garlic Parmesan Chicken, Spicy Mustard Red Potatoes, and veggies
- attended a celebration of Pastor Dave and his wife, Rhonda. They're retiring after 33 years of service at our church.
- Cast on a simple scarf as a birthday gift for my SIL, Luz.
- Signed up at church for a Craft Fellowship night later this month. We'll be knitting hats for the homeless.
- Had some good talks with Matthew about his junior year and Michael about ASB and drama
- ate a whole Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar
- took some photos of flowers just beginning to bloom in our front yard
- enjoyed a very relaxing weekend until the Sunday night 'rush' of lesson planning and prepping for Monday at school!
It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
This Weekend I...
Labels:
faith,
family,
food,
friends,
health,
knitting,
movies,
photography,
physical fitness,
random thoughts,
reading,
running,
sons,
this weekend I,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderful weekend, and I love how you documented the details :)
I haven't gotten Wii Fit out in ages. We got our Wii Fit Plus for the games on Labor Day, when all the family was here for our annual party. I should get back on the stretching portion of the original one. I doubt I could run one minute, so you're doing great!
You need to post some recipes - garlic parmesan chicken spicy mustard red potatoes sound delicious!
How wonderful to be knitting hats for the homeless!
Post a Comment