Friday, September 3, 2010

September Goals

I decided to try and set some attainable goals in different areas each month. Sometimes I feel as if I waste so much time online and doing other things that are non-productive. I've always got ideas of "things to do" that might be supportive of others, or productive for myself or my family, but I don't follow through. So I set these goals for the month and hope to revisit them at the end of the month to see how I did.

PHYSICAL
  1. Sign up for Zumba class and attend weekly Monday classes.
  2. Begin a running "training" with Roxanne.
  3. Plan and take a 2 mile (or more) hike with family and/or friends on a Saturday.
HEALTH

  1. Get more sleep. Be in bed to sleep by 10 p.m. and up not later than 6 a.m.
  2. Each at least 4 fresh fruits or servings of vegetables daily.
  3. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water daily.
  4. Lose 5 lbs.

WORK

  1. Redo the book basket labels and organize classroom library better.
  2. E-mail or call each student's family with praise at least once this month!
  3. Set up science interest center in the classroom.
  4. Get the GATE program planned to implement early October.

FAMILY

  1. Date night with Jose.
  2. Work with boys to pin down one night per week everyone can be home for a family dinner.
  3. Plan GNO (Girls' Night Out) with my sister-in-laws.

SPIRITUAL

  1. Daily devotional time each morning including bible reading and devotional book.
  2. Keep a prayer journal and record outcomes.
  3. Consistently pray for the needs of my sons.
  4. Attend Wednesday night bible study.

ORGANIZATION

  1. Burn 2010 graduation photos of former students to CD and distribute to them.
  2. Mail out late August birthday cards and mail September cards on time!
  3. Declutter linen/game closet.

FRIENDSHIP

  1. Call old friends such as Arceonul, Ann B., and Mary Groth
  2. Send cards to encourage Ruby, Silvia, and others.
  3. Bake cookies for colleagues who need encouragement--Dave, Karen, Sonny, and Terry.
HOBBIES

  1. Read two books this month.
  2. Continue knitting on Nena's shawl.
  3. Post to my blog at least three times a week.
  4. Set a date for scrapbooking in October with my friend, Tami.

I'm excited to try and meet these goals. Some are under way as I type this and some are going to be a challenge such as getting to sleep by 10 p.m., losing the weight, starting running, zumba, and contacting all 33 parents this month. But I feel better knowing that I'm not just "slugging through" the month and not being productive.

Off to write some of those encouraging notes and e-mails to parents!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, that's an ambitious list, at least for me! I do better with goals too, but I still procrastinate and rarely only meet the "need to " ones :) Hope they're going well for you and you have a lot of success with this list!