Saturday, August 7, 2010

Too Much Fun to Blog

Can't believe it's been a month since my last post. I've thought about blogging often but never seem to get around to it, even though I'm online daily reading blogs, on Facebook, and tracking food/fitness on sparkpeople.com.  But there are some things I want to write about today and record here. Hopefully I'll do a better job keeping up the blog!

Things that make me HAPPY right now:

  • The fact that I've lost nearly 10 lbs. and I'm walking 3+ miles at least four times a week!
  • Lazy days of summer catching up with friends and former students
  • Our bedroom renovation is well under way!
  • I've finally picked up my knitting needles again and am working on Nena's shawl
  • The weather in August doesn't get higher than the high 80s (this is a FIRST)
  • Portion control and healthy choices are not as difficult as before
  • I taught my boys how to play Rummy in Hawaii and they really enjoyed it.
  • My husband just makes me happy because he tells me he loves me daily.
  • Spending more time with my girlfriend, Tina
  • My fifth grade class CST scores--they did very well!!! Woo-hoo!
  • The new notebook, planner, and pens and pencils that I treated myself to at Office Depot

Things I want to IMPROVE on:

  • Less time online wasting time
  • More family time planned
  • Opening my house up to friends and inviting them over without worrying about how it looks
  • more devotional time
  • sending handwritten notes and letters out to people
  • using my camera more!
  • blogging MORE!
  • Reading more (see above about less online time)
  • knitting for charity (Red Scarf project or for soldiers through Operation Gratitude)
  • scrapbooking again
  • decluttering my kitchen and deep cleaning it
  • planning a weekly menu of healthy meals and sticking to it!

People who are really on my MIND these days (more than the routine stuff)

  • My sister, Kathleen, as she prepares to start PD dialysis
  • My brothers
  • My granddaughter, Natalie, as she begins first grade in a new school
  • My sons
  • My best friend, Charles

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I hope your sister is doing well and has a good chance of finding a donor soon. I think of her and you often and pray for peace for you both.

As for the rest of the post, I can totally relate! I have been busy too, but I do waste all together too much time on Facebook playing games :) I just started back scrapbooking, and even though my reading is lagging in numbers, I am really enjoying the books I've been reading.

I wish that I could say I had lost any weight! 10 pounds is fantastic Maria! I walk 6 days a week, although not quite 3 miles a day, and I haven't lost a pound! It's all the eating I do, plus I have given up caffeine and artificial sweeteners, so drinking full calorie soda (sprite, etc) is not helping :)

Great post, I love this kind! Have a beautiful day :)