Monday, August 23, 2010

Status Report: August

Sitting…on my bed with my laptop

Drinking…bottled water

Missing…my parents and best friend, Charles

Returning…to work this week after a fabulous summer off

Reading…The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
Also reading…, my bible, and The One Year Women of the Bible devotional

Loving…the new cherry wood floor in our bedroom

Pretending…to have nothing better to do with my time

Wondering…about what my new class of fifth graders will be like

Watching…Gilmore Girls Season 3, The Big C (new show) and Big Brother

Anticipating…cooler fall weather, my 30th high school reunion this weekend, a date night with Jose, new bible study starting in September

Stressing…over my son, Matthew, and his teenage attitude

Praying…for patience, to do God's will, to make a difference, for friends and family members going through rough times

Remembering…summer vacations when I was a child and the freedom of just hanging out, reading, watching TV, playing

Realizing…life is short and unpredictable. I need to send more notes of encouragement to people and let them know how I feel about them!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I've been meaning to ask you if you are liking the devotional this year... I think we are using the same one. I really enjoy mine. I like the way she relates the woman in scripture to a story of today, and I like the way she highlights just barely mentioned women, that I really don't remember reading about before. I really enjoyed the long set of ones recently about the woman at the well :) Hope you're enjoying it too!

Oh, how I wish I had a cherry wood floor in my bedroom! I want to get rid of carpet in my den and dining room, and getting it in the bedrooms would be icing on the cake :)

Ahh, summer vacation when I was a child... I can't really even remember how it is to be so carefree and have so much empty time, looking for things to do to fill that space....

Hope the rest of August is terrific for you!