Keeping it real here on the blog. Decided to go "private" so I could share more. Not sure anyone reads but still...
So, this week, I only exercised one day (Monday morning) and then made poor eating choices all week long. I baked cookies three days in a row for different outings and ate them every day, at least 4 or 5 cookies per day. Maybe more. Also ate 3 slices of pastrimi pizza last night on top of salad. The lack of exercise and poor eating combined brought on 4 lb. weight gain. Am I surprised? NO Disappointed in myself? YES
Also, our teenage son, Matthew, is going through a rebellious time in that he thinks he is an adult and should be able to set his own curfew and give himself permission to go to certain parties/events/ places we don't approve of. I'm praying for patience here.
I haven't scrapbooked at all this summer. The supplies are packed away in a corner of the living room since we are remodeling our bedroom. I don't miss it at all but I have so much stuff. I kind of wonder who will want to look at it all when I am dead, anyway. I have only sons. Only one seems sentimental.
I'm disheartened for a friend who has had to post on Facebook that she needs money for her upcoming trip to NYC with her son, who has a brain tumor. He was a student of mine in second and fifth grade. She asked for people to loan her money until she gets paid in October. (She's a teacher too). I feel horrible for her that she is in such a situation to ask for money on a forum like Facebook. I'm going to do what I can and my friend, Frances, gave me money for her too. Our money will be a gift not a loan. I hope they enjoy the trip.
1 comment:
Sorry you've been feeling blue, but it sounds like you have had good reason. Hope things work out with your son soon, that can't be fun for him to want to do so many things you guys disapprove of. Growing pains, I hope they grow fast and disappear and he becomes the man I know he will turn out to be with parents like you and Jose :)
I hadn't scrapbooked in years, but have such a large stockpile of supplies, that I took it back up! In part, to relieve the guilt I have over buying so much stuff that I have never used :) I don't have kids, so I don't have a soul that cares about my scrapbooks. I've tried to show some to family members, but they could really care less too. So mostly I do it for me :) And actually, you might have a captive audience one day, in a girlfriend or wife :) Don't lose heart!
Hope you're back on the wagon with food and exercise. And if not, then just eat some cookies and be happy! :) You'll turn back around, it may just take time!
Post a Comment