With summer vacation beginning two weeks ago, I've been able to read quite a bit this month. Here are the books I managed to finish in June:
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen--I loved this book, especially the way Quindlen described parent/teenager relationships!
The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens--This was my first novel by Lansens. She was recommended to me by my friend, Heather, from Canada. I enjoyed the book and the journey the main character took in the novel.
The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances by Andy Andrews--I learned about the German submarines in the Gulf of Mexico during World War II from this novel. Also just loved the way the story was written.
The Lake Shore Limited by Sue Miller--An interesting novel told from the perspective of four characters, none of whom I can connect to easily. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and the opportunity to view life from different perspectives.
Women, Food, and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth--This non-fiction book was discussed on Oprah (though I didn't see that episode). Honestly, I found it difficult to get through and I kept reading in the hopes of it getting better. Roth's view of God is far from what I believe, though that didn't bother me so much. I guess her thinking is just too "out there" for me. However, her Guiding Principles certainly made sense. Glad it was a library read!
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller--I'd read great things about this book and was anxious to read it. I actually bought this one and am glad I spent the money on it. I will definitely read it again, as well as recommend it to others. A beautifully written book about telling our own stories--making them meaningful. It gave me a lot to think about!
What was YOUR favorite book read this month?
No comments:
Post a Comment