Sunday, October 11, 2009

What a Week!

Last week was stressful in many ways. I had 32 progress reports to do, as well as plan for an important meeting regarding one of my struggling students. It was my turn to bring the refreshments for bible study and I opted to bake a fresh apple cake rather than buy something storebought. I had a meeting after school regarding the GATE program (gifted kids) which I am taking over at our school. I had meetings before school. But there were many highlights of the week too:

My hubby made some special dishes for me, at my request: Spinach Lentil Soup and Border style Shrimp. Delicious and healthy, both of them!

Dinner out at BJ's with Tina and Lisa on Thursday night. They treated me for my birthday. We enjoyed avocado spring rolls, spinach and artichoke pizza, and a pizookie (chocolate chip cookie--warm out of the oven, with vanilla ice cream on top).

Friday after work some of my co-workers and I met a former co-worker, Amy, at a local restaurant for Happy Hour. It was good to unwind with them.

Friday morning before school my dear friend, Frances, and I had a chance to pray together and discuss the devotional questions we are doing together.

My friend, Sandy Kraft, joined me for bible study. I think she's going to keep going with me!

Church has been amazing and I've learned so much.

The weather has definitely cooled off and is in the 70s. It's been great for baking and cooking this week.

I'm trying to make Sunday dinners something really yummy. Sunday dinners growing up at home were the best, even though Mom cooked every night of the week. Today, with the gloomy skies, I decided to make comfort food. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes (real ones!), corn, biscuits, and tofu with stirfry vegetables for Matthew. After dinner, I made four dozen Gone Too Soon cookies.

Had a nice phone call from my friend, Ann, today. I'm going down to visit her in San Diego next weekend. Can't wait for the time to relax and catch up with her!

I had time to veg on the couch yesterday and knit quite a bit on the scarf for the Red Scarf charity project. It felt good to accomplish some knitting!

No comments: