Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Great Summer Day

Today was a fun, relaxing summer vacation day! After taking my youngest son to the optometrist this morning and a quick trip to the market for more fresh fruit and ice cream (among other things), I did nothing productive the rest of the day. There's a theatre nearby that shows "movies soon to be on DVD" for $1 on Tuesdays. Jose and I went to lunch first at Panera's where I enjoyed Strawberry Poppyseed Salad and a nice chunk of bread. Oh my, this salad was so delicious and refreshing! If you have a Panera near you, be sure to try it this summer as it is a seasonal menu item. Afterwards, we paid our $2 for 2 tickets and saw Angels and Demons. We both have read the book and had looked forward to seeing the movie. We never got around to it in the "big theatres" but couldn't resist the price here. We were quite pleased to spend less than $25 on our lunch and movie date! The movie was enjoyable and I'm glad we saw it on the big screen.

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #1) (True Blood, and trying to remain cool in the near 100 degrees temps. Not sure what I think of this book yet. I haven't watched any of the True Blood series on HBO yet. A couple of my nieces have read the books and my stepdaughter, Kristina, is deep into them. She's lent me book #2 & #3. While I enjoy reading it, I'm not raving about them. I 've got so many other books to read too that as of right now, I think I will finish this one and then read some other books before going on to book #2. Perhaps I'll take the next one to Portland with us. It's nice and light for plane travel. Anyone else read these books? Let me know what you think!

Dinner was a quesidilla and a few slices of deli ham. Then we watched Big Brother 11 while I enjoyed a bowl of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie ice cream. Getting too used to having ice cream with my BB show.

All in all, a wonderful day. Date with my sweetie, family time, good food, ice cream, and reading!

No comments: