At 2:40 pm today, I will be put to sleep and my last two wisdom teeth will be extracted. I am not too nervous. I know God is watching over me and I have confidence in the oral surgeon and his staff. Jose will drive me and take good care of me afterwards. The fridge is stocked with "soft foods" like yogurt, jello, and pudding cups. There's plenty of oatmeal in my favorite flavor (peaches and cream) in the pantry.
The worst part of it all is that I now cannot eat or drink anything. I got up early at 5:30 to make my breakfast and have coffee. As of 6:30, that was it. No food/drink till after the surgery. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I am going to die of thirst. LOL I tried to stay up late watching TV so that I would feel sleepy this morning and go back to bed, thus sleeping away the time I can't eat or drink. The high temps don't make me look forward to no water either! I know I can do it because I don't have any other choice.
So, for now, I'm staying out of the kitchen and away from anyone with food or drink! I'm holed up in our bedroom with my laptop, my books, and my TV. My knitting is near my bedside but it is too dang hot to pick up the shawl I'm knitting and have it anywhere near me, much less resting on my lap.
For once, I'm praying this summer vacation day goes by very quickly!
1 comment:
Good luck, Maria! I hope the surgery goes well and that recovery is quick. I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment