Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All Sorts of Blabbering...

about a whole lot of things. Just various things I want to remember and share about if anyone is out there reading...

There are two more weeks of school left! I love my students and am becoming rather sad about saying "good-bye" to them. The good news is that I am moving from third grade to fifth grade next year. This means in another year, I can have some of these same students back!

I am really, really loving my bible study called "Love to Pray". There is so much to learn about prayer and developing a relationship with God that allows for prayer and communication throughout the day. I hope to do a post with some of the "aha moments" I've had since beginning the study.

We had thunder and rain today. June gloom continues here in Southern California! The forecast for the rest of the week is in the mid-60s. Hmmm...I won't complain. The summer heat will be here soon enough!

My son, Michael, is going to be inducted as a Thespian tomorrow night. Exciting stuff!

I am grateful that I could buy groceries without concern of being able to buy what I needed or wanted for my family.

I've joined an online bible study that is really getting started this week on Believing God by Beth Moore. I look forward to strengthening my faith and learning more about God's Word.

Lists, lists, lists are being written by me! Summer projects, possible summer outings, people to get together with for lunch or a visit, knitting projects to start and complete, chores to get done around the house, scrapbook pages/topics to complete, and possible blog topics. I love making lists and the thought of making lists about summer vacation really makes me happy!

I love my husband! After 21 years of marriage, we are closer than ever. I think there's still room for growth and I pray that God blesses us with many more years together.

It's a busy weekend coming up--an 8th grade graduation for my niece, Rebecca, on Friday night and a confirmation for our nephew, Gabriel, on Saturday. Working the food pantry at church on Saturday morning (promised to bring freshly baked muffins) and then church and a meeting afterwards on Sunday morning.

I am anxious for evening activities and commitments to settle down so that I can get back into a walking routine and make some more healthy changes in my life!

There are so many movies that I want to see...Up!, Angels and Demons, and others. We'll see when there's time for that!

I'm flying out to Vegas on June 22nd to spend four days with my dear friend, Rose. Can't wait for some girl time!

My sister, Kathleen, is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Her last visit to the kidney specialist showed decreased function of her kidneys. He told her to drink more fluids and then they'll retest this month. She'll get the results next week. I'm praying hard for good results. Please say a prayer for her if you can.

I'm beginning to pack up my classroom! I only spent one year in this room. My move to a bigger classroom to teach fifth grade will mark my 7th move in 11 years of teaching. Oh well, it's good exercise, right?

Dear friends from my e-mail loop, Christine and Mary Beth, have really been on my mind the last few days. Both are going through some challenging health problems and I'm praying that God heals them soon and they can get on with their busy lives. Prayers for them would be appreciated too!

I'm sad that a co-worker, Frances, has been laid off due to the budget crisis in education in California. She is new to our school this year and I absolutely adore her. We have promised to stay friends once we are no longer working together. Still, it makes me sad.

I'm so looking forward to summer fruit--especially Ranier cherries, peaches, watermelon, and nectarines. Those are some of my favorites!

Tomorrow is my best friend, Charlie's birthday! I am looking forward to having a chat with him on his special day. Miss him so much more now that I had that great visit to his home during spring break.

I guess I've rambled enough for now. Lots more to say but most of all, I blog now to help me remember things! I'm getting old! Enough said!

No comments: