Thursday, February 26, 2009

Three Years


ago today my brothers, sister, and I kissed our incredible mother good-bye for the final time. I can hardly believe three years have gone by already. I've thought all week about writing a long blog post describing my mother but really I cannot do it right now. I'm too emotional. Yesterday, I cleaned the weeds and debris around her grave marker, as well as my father's grave marker. I had a good cry alone there. I miss her beyond words. And then I got up, got in my car, put on one of her Dean Martin CDs, cranked up the volume, and drove off. Back to living a life that will continue to make her proud. But I think of you every day, Mom, and I miss you. I don't think that will ever end.
Thanks to Jessica for her beautiful editing of the photo above taken at Mom's last birthday, her 80th, just five months before her death. I love the photo so much and treasure it.

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ah, Maria, what a sad day. But a happy day too. I'm sure she's watching over you and so proud of you, and happy that you miss her and think of her. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mom either. For me, it hasn't really gotten any easier, but hopefully it will for you. Either way, I know she's so proud of you and happy for you :)

Trish said...

Big hugs to you today, Maria. I love that photo. Your mom is surrounded by so much love, you can just see it and feel it. I know how much you miss her. But I know you feel her with you, and yes, you are making her very proud. Ok, one more big hug {{{{{Maria}}}}} Love you!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that I missed this post but I know your Mom is so proud of you. Every time you speak of her I know how special she was.