What are your pop culture leanings?
1. What was the last good book you read? The Reader
2. Are you more likely to read a book based on positive reviews, a recommendation from a trusted source, or the author or genre? That’s a toss up for me. I love to get recommendations from friends but I also look for books with positive reviews. I don’t think I would have ever read The Kite Runner if I hadn’t heard so much about it through blogs, book reviews sites, etc.
3. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading for pleasure? I’d say about ten hours.
4. Have you read all seven Harry Potter books cover to cover? No, haven’t read any of them. But I want to do so one day!
5. Have you read a Stephen King novel cover to cover? Nope, not into the scary stuff.
6. Have you read a John Grisham novel cover to cover? Yes, I’ve read most of them. I read The Firm long before it was a movie. As I write this, I have his newest book, The Associate, on hold at our library.
7. Have you read a Stephanie Meyer novel cover to cover? Yes, I’ve read the entire Twilight series and The Host. I’ve turned on two of my sons (Joe and Matthew) to the series, my husband, my step-daughter, two of my nieces, and now a co-worker. Maybe some of my “loopie friends” too.
8. Are you more likely to read the book before seeing the movie, or see the movie before reading the book? I'd much rather read the book before the movie. It’s always better this way, in my opinion.
9. What was the last good movie you saw in the theater? The Reader was very moving.
10. What was the last good movie you saw at home or on DVD? Hmmmm…I watched Love is a Many Splendored Thing on Valentine’s weekend. Enjoyed that one!
11. Do you prefer watching movies at home on DVD, via your cable/satellite subscription service (premium channels/on demand), or streaming on your computer? DVD.
12. If you were to see a movie in the theater today, what would be your first choice? Actually, Jose and I are planning to go see Slum Dog Millionaire in a couple of hours!
13. Are you more likely to see a movie based on who's starring in it, what it's rated, what the local/national film critics are saying about it, the preview trailer, or on a recommendation from a reliable source? (you can give up to two answers) I would say the preview trailer and recommendation from a reliable source.
14. What is your all-time favorite comic book/superhero movie? Wonder Woman (because I wanted to look like her, LOL).
15. Have you ever read a superhero comic book cover to cover? No, not my genre!
16. What is your favorite entertainment information periodical? Hmmm, I guess Entertainment Weekly because Joe subscribed to it.
17. On average, how much time do you spend watching T.V. every week? (be honest) Probably about seven to eight hours.
18. What type of television to you prefer? Scripted Drama, Situation Comedy, Reality, Sports and Competition (game shows), Animation, News and Informational, or Documentary Style? I prefer scripted drama (Grey’s Anatomy) and Reality (American Idol, Biggest Loser, Jon & Kate Plus 8)
19. If you could appear on any Reality, Competition, or Game show, past or present, what would you choose? Hmmm, that’s a tough one. Maybe Wheel of Fortune (that was one of Mom’s favorite shows).
20. What current T.V. series do you make time for every week there's a new episode showing, regardless of what's going on? Grey’s Anatomy
21. Do you prefer to do the majority of your T.V. watching live, taped on your DVR/TiVo, from DVD's or streaming on your computer off sites like Hulu.com or Veoh.com? Taped on the DVR. Saves time and skip the commercials.
22. When a commercial comes on, do you watch the majority of them, own a DVR/TiVo so you can skip over them, avoid them by watching shows on DVD or online, or do you channel surf to see what else is on? If possible, use the DVR to skip them.
23. If you were going away for an extended period of time and wouldn't have access to your computer or i-Pod, yet could pack 5 CD's for your listening pleasure, which 5 albums would you take? (greatest hit compilations and live recordings are not eligible)
Colbie Caillat—Coco
Corrine Bailey Rae—Corrine Bailey Rae
Alicia Keys—The Diary of Alicia Keys
John Legend—Come Home
Luther Vandross—Dance with My Father
24. At what time of day or during what activity are you most likely to have music playing in the background? In the afternoons or evenings when knitting or doing chores.
25. Which musician or singer, past or present, would you most want to sit down with for dinner and pleasant conversation? Probably Elvis. I would just love to get his take on his life and society, history, and the world in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment