Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yeah for Yoga!

So, I just finished my second yoga class. It's not easy, that's for sure! However, I feel so good when I'm doing it. I feel happy that I am taking time to take care of myself. I feel grateful for my body and my health, that I am able to move and breathe and stretch without too much strain! I am grateful that my community center offers the class only about 6 blocks from my home and that it is affordable. I like the dimmed lighting, the soothing music, the community of women who come there after a long day to find 60 minutes of time for themselves. I love when we are cooling down and the yoga instructor sprays aromatherapy around the room and then closes the class with a beautiful reading. I am glad I pushed myself to sign up and try something new. I feel good about myself when I go and I think that will carry over into other parts of my life. I don't eat before yoga class so when I came home, I had a bowl (a good sized one!) of Special K Red Berry for dinner. I was tempted to drive thru somewhere and grab a burger and fries. But I didn't, mostly because I felt good about myself and didn't want to undo the feeling with junk food.

If you haven't tried a yoga class, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying yoga! I figured you would. I want to get back to it someday soon too!