Monday, January 5, 2009

Here we go again...

at my attempts to lead a healthier lifestyle! Dang...why do I have to love food so much? It would be so much easier if I was a picky eater, huh? Oh well, tonight I reacquainted myself with my Wii Fit game. It's been a long time since I used it...let's just say that we were running the a/c back then. Better late than never, though. I'll be totally honest here and admit to being up 11 lbs. since I last used it. That's a lot of excessive eating and indulging in sweets and goodies. Back on the horse again, so to speak.

I tried a new recipe, vegetarian, on Saturday night. It was fairly tasty and very easy to make--Spinach Lentil Soup. There was enough left over to take for lunch today along with an apple. Yogurt was my "recess snack." We won't discuss the chocolate I ate while planning my small group lessons after work. Oh well, I was still hungry after the soup and apple. Didn't do so well on what I ate for dinner, but at least I did 31 minutes of working out using the Wii Fit tonight. It's a start on the right path...yet again for me!

The always looming threat of diabetes should be enough to get my behind in gear. I'm hoping I can get back on track and lead a healthier, more active life.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I'm right there with you, Maria. Here's to hoping this time the motivation sticks, for both of us!

Happy Healthy New Year!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

At least you're doing good and really trying, I'm so impressed! I am glad you're doing Wii Fit, I want to do ours more, and I've been trying to get on the treadmill some.

I'm off to check out that lentil recipe, thanks for the link :)