I must say, now that the stress of holiday preparations is over, I am really enjoying my vacation even more. I plan to go back and add some blog posts about Christmas but wanted to share my fun day. My friend, Terry, and I went to lunch at Chipotle and then to see Marley and Me at the movies. I loved the movie! Be prepared to laugh and cry. I highly recommend it, especially for dog lovers. We also went into Kohl's where I bought my sister's birthday gift and then to Borders. I bought myself and my sister a calendar for 50% off.
I've got lots of reading done since Christmas too. I finished The Handmaid and the Carpenter at 11 p.m. and promptly started The Christmas Sweater right after that. At 1 a.m., I forced myself to stop reading and get some rest. I finished it this evening. Both great books for the holidays. Now I'm going to begin Knit Two, the sequel to The Friday Night Knitting Club. I hope it doesn't disappoint me. I've purposely avoided reading any reviews.
Lots on my mind. Thinking about the rest of my vacation, goals for 2009, and getting serious about being healthy and active again. Any goals you're considering for the new year? Share your thoughts in the comments.
1 comment:
Glad you all had a good Christmas! You are getting a lot of reading done :) Oh, and we saw Marley and Me the day after Christmas and I bawled like a baby. You'd think since I read the book that I'd think to take some Kleenex, but no. I just sat there and cried and cried at the end :)
Post a Comment