Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home

and feeling oh so relaxed and grateful for the opportunity to get away with Jose. We had a wonderful time, ate way too much, and loved every second of our couples' Swedish massage. It was my first massage and it was incredible. The room was gorgeous and our bathroom was nearly as big as our bedroom. The huge whirlpool tub was a great way to unwind. We had lunch with my older brother, Pete, and his wife yesterday. That in itself was a nice treat, we never do anything "alone" with them away from the rest of the family.

Now I've just finished up the spinach dip and I'm waiting for it to "set" a bit before we leave for Jose's sister's home. There I'll meet up with my two youngest sons, who have been staying with one of Jose's other sisters. Joe did great taking care of things at home alone the last two days. He was pretty excited to call us this morning and tell us his first semester grades had posted and he earned 2 As, a B+, and 2 Bs giving him a GPA around 3.4 for his first semester in college. We are very proud of him. We also received the twins' quarter grades last week and they both have a 3.75 GPA. They're doing great too!

When all is said and done, it is good to be home. For some reason, I did not sleep well while away. The bed was comfortable but I guess it just wasn't my bed. After grocery shopping upon our return, I took a nice 2 hour nap. This way I can stay up till midnight at my sister-in-law's home. I'm taking a new board game, Buzz Word, and hope to play it there.

Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year my friend! Your trip sounded lovely---a perfect getaway. Glad the boys are doing well--hope 2009 is just as good to you and your family!

Rune said...

Happy new year:) I am a new follower of your blog.

And I found your blog very intresting.

Wibeche