Friday, October 31, 2008

TGIF for sure!

I love my job, but rainy days are seriously one of a teacher's worse nightmares. Today, the hot temps left us, and I woke up to rain. Now don't get me wrong, I love, love rain--only on non-school days! All week long we've celebrated Red Ribbon Week (Say NO to Drugs) and the kids had something fun to do each day. Monday was wear your shirt backwards day to "Turn your back on drugs", Tuesday was hat day (Keep a Lid on Drugs), Wednesday was the actual parade during school time, yesterday was sunglasses day "Too cool to do drugs" and today....while also Halloween (no costumes allowed), is crazy sock day for "Stomp out drugs". Did I mention it is raining? Crazy socks, Halloween, and rain!!! I wonder how many of my third graders will ask me if I think it will rain tonight. If they will be able to go trick-or-treating.

Thank God it is an early dismissal day! I only have two parent conferences after school and then a meeting with a beginning teacher that I mentor. Then lesson plans for Monday. I should be home by 6 p.m., just in time to hand out some candy.

Things I'm looking forward to this weekend:
  • An appt. to get my hair cut and colored tomorrow at 9 a.m.
  • My older brother and his family coming for dinner on Sunday
  • Knitting
  • Reading The Innocent Man for the library's book club next month
  • Catching up on some shows on the DVR

That's about it! Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: