Monday, October 27, 2008

No Whining Allowed

So...where have I been for the last two weeks? I've been around, just busy and not inspired to blog much. I've been working hard at my teaching job (including half days the last 3 Saturdays), knitting, and reading. Spending time with my sons and husband, friends, and family. Our weather cooled down a bit yesterday and I loved it!
Some recent events, thoughts, that brought a smile to my face:

Baking cookies with my granddaughter, Natalie (we just went for the easy Pillsbury ones) for this time:

















Receiving my very first pair of handknit socks ever from Trish, my dear friend. Now that I have almost knit a pair (still need to finish sock #2), I can see just how much work goes into handknitting socks. She also sent me this beautiful sock yarn. Of course, I have to wait for cooler weather to wear the socks, but aren't they gorgeous?



And here is the beautiful sock yarn! I love the happy colors!


Starbucks yesterday morning with my hubby. We have not been out on our own since before school began. A half hour at Starbucks alone to talk was good for my soul.
Finishing up several knitting projects and casting on for a couple more. I ordered yarn from Knitpicks.com at 6 a.m. this morning on the phone. Can't wait to get it...I have a baby blanket to knit by November 16!
My son, Michael, received Student of the Month for French class this month!

Seeing Nights in Rodanthe and Secret Lives of Bees and shopping at Michael's and Border's with my friend, Terry.
Watching Grey's Anatomy with Jose on Friday night (couldn't stay awake to watch it on Thursday).
Walking for an hour twice last week with my friend, Lillian.
Some positive feedback and enthusiastic appreciation for me from a parent of my student on Friday night when she ran into me at Old Navy. She really made my day!

Sharing good books with my students.

This week is parent conference week! While I have 21 conferences to conduct, students will go home one hour early each day.
My sister's kidney function went up 2 points! Yeah!!! Fabulous news!
Made hotel reservations for Veterans' Day weekend to visit my dear friend, Ann, in San Diego. Another mutual friend is planning to go with me. It'll only be for one night but we'll pack plenty into it. The three of us haven't been together for 14 1/2 years!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

Now I am behind in my blog reading. LOL It's been a little crazy around my place. Your grandaughter is so cute and it sounds like you have been busy but a good busy. Have a good weekend!