Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekends are for relaxing

or at least that's what I'd like to believe! Last night Michael and I went to see my niece perform at a luau fundraiser. She was so adorable--she's a "hula baby" (the 3 year old group). It was a long evening, we were there from 5 p.m. till nearly 9:30 p.m. Boy, was I tired driving home! Thank God there was strong Starbucks coffee served to keep me alert and warm in the cool air.



Today has been a totally lazy, relaxing day. I went to the library and picked up some books. Then I had lunch at Chipotle Grill and saw The Women with my friend, Terry. It's a really fun movie, I recommend it. There was a theatre full of women enjoying it. A few men sprinkled in. Now that we don't share a classroom anymore, we hardly get to chat at work. It was good to have some down time with her. Work has been busy, busy, busy and rather stressful. We also went to Borders but I didn't find anything that I had to have.



I finally began reading Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Twilight Saga Series. I'm just a few pages in but I'm anxious to read it. Joseph said I will be shocked at some of the twists in it. It's a big book and reading time is definitely limited. Staying awake to read has been a challenge on work nights.



I picked up my knitting needles this morning for about half an hour. I'm trying to finish the pink baby blanket for my greatniece, Audrey, who was born in June. I finally found some pink yarn that matches close enough to finish the blanket. I'm also trying to finish a scarf for my sister-in-law's birthday later this month. And I haven't ordered the replacement sock needles to finish up my second sock for my first pair ever! Oh so much knitting to do and not nearly enough time or energy these days.



That's about it for now. Tomorrow is grocery shopping, menu planning (not in that order, obviously), lesson plans, correcting a week's worth of homework, and hopefully some cookie baking for my boys. The weather is cooling off just a bit here. I hope to see fall weather around the corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am halfway through Twilight, and all three of the rest of the serris came in from the library, and time is limited on each. Maybe I will break down and buy them? I actually purchased Twilight since it was $6 at Amazon (so my daughter can read it next, without time constraints!)
"
I enjoyed the previews for The Women" and hope to see it while it is still in the theaters. Glad you had a fun night with Terry!