Friday, September 19, 2008

A Family of Five

Happiness for me was sitting down to a take-out pizza with my entire family. It was the first night this month that my college son, Joe, was able to join us for dinner. He's either in class, on the campus, or at work during dinner time. He unexpectedly was home at dinner time so we ordered his favorite pizza (bell pepper/onion). Had I known he'd be home, I would have cooked something he loves. Oh well! We heard all about his classes (French Cinema, Literature (father figures in American Literature), Government, Psychology, and a general cinema class). The discussion of the government class led to a discussion of the current AIG crisis, economics, depressions, the stock market, and home values and the housing market. He begins his work study job at the college radio station next week, as well as keeping up about 20 hours weekly at GameStop. It made me feel so happy to see him sitting at the table. I got a promise out of him that he'd join us next Sunday, on my birthday, for dinner after he gets off work. Something to look forward to!

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

How wonderful that he got to come eat with you guys! And your birthday is coming up?! Awesome, happy almost birthday!!!

Trish said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy some family time around the dinner table with everyone there. Sometimes we don't realize how special thee things are until they are not happening as much anymore! I hope he will be home for your birthday too!

Anonymous said...

Glad Joe was home for dinner (which sounded rather good to me!) and shared what is going on in his life. I know you have missed him. He is a busy guy, with work study, his other job at GameStop, and a full class load! You raised that boy right, Maria :-)
Happy Sunday!