Monday, September 1, 2008

Emotions

Well, it definitely wasn't a traditional Labor Day with a BBQ and family gathered close. Joe was at his second day of orientation at Whittier College, Michael spent most of the day with a friend, and Matthew and I hit the mall for shoes. Geez, the mall looked like it would on Christmas Eve. Never doing that again! I also stopped by my sister's home to bring her son The Night Before Kindergarten as he begins tomorrow. So excited for him to embark on his education! But today brought a gamut of emotions I want to remember:

Anxious...to begin a new school year teaching on my own
Nervous...that I won't get everything done before Wednesday (first day of school)
Happy...to get into a routine again
Bittersweet...wishing my parents were alive to share all these "firsts" with--first day of college for Joe, first day of high school for Matthew and Michael, first day of Kindergarten for Conrad
Sad...that the lazy days of summer are over
Concerned...that I didn't do all the home projects I intended to do
Elated...that our school's API exceeded 800 this year! woo-hoo!
Motivated...to work hard with the students and colleagues
Surprised...that Joe declared Cinema as his minor at college
Grateful...for my husband and his ability to fix faucets and so much more
Proud...to have three wonderful young men call me "Mom"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
I love how you spell all of your emotions out here. You have alot of things going on right now. Good luck with the coming scholl year, I know you will do just fine.