I really did it--I knit my first sock! Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance! Guess what else????
It actually fits on my foot! Pictures coming tomorrow. For those of you who are not knitters, just figuring out this pattern with no one sitting right next to me to guide me was quite a challenge. It was really cool to see how the sock was knit and constructed. Very interesting to think about the math behind it all (yeah, I'm a bit of a math nerd).
Thanks a million to my Knitting Guru, Trish, at Bloomin' Knitiot. She suffered countless e-mails, instant messages, and pleas for help from me.
I'm thinking the second sock should go a lot easier and look a whole heck of a lot better!
2 comments:
Yay Maria! I don't know how to knit, but one of these days...! I've crocheted afghans but that's the extent of my yarn ventures. Congrats on your accomplishment!
Happy to be of service! It would have been SO much more fun if I could have taught you to knit socks in person. I wish we didn't live so far away from each other! I'm glad you were successful, and each one will only get easier from here on out. Have fun with sock #2!!
Post a Comment