Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome Home!

The boys arrived back from their trip around 10 p.m. They were excited to be back home and also very hungry! A quick trip through Jack in the Box drive-thru and here they are:

They were very thoughtful in the souvenirs they brought me. I was touched by how much thought they put into it. Matthew knows I love big mugs with texture so he brought me this awesome mug from New York. The letters are raised. I know it is going to become my new favorite morning coffee mug! I love, love it!

And how perfect is this t-shirt from Michael? It's a quote from Thomas Jefferson, "I cannot live without books." He visited Monticello on his trip. He was so excited to give this to me, he said he knew it was the perfect shirt for me. What's funny is that Matthew brought the exact same shirt for my husband. The two boys didn't even know the other had bought the shirt. I love it! As twins they don't have much in common, but this identical purchase tickled me.

One is still sleeping and the other is up and at 'em. It's good to have my family back home together. Hopefully tonight we can download all their pics and really go through them. They each have to do a scrapbook for school about their trip. It's due May 28th so we have to get busy! Hubby and I have a wedding photo shoot all day today so there won't be any picture downloading and editing until later tonight. Most likely tomorrow after school.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Welcome back, guys! I love the souvenirs they brought back for you. You're right, they are perfect for you! I can't wait to see some of their photos and hear more about their trip. I know you're happy to have them back home!

Unknown said...

Your boys are so good looking Maria. I love that shirt. I didn't know Thomas Jefferson said that. I ned one of those. Have a good week Maria. Thanks for visiting me the other day and all of your nice comments.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, so glad they're back home safe and sound, and love what they brought! I love coffee mugs too, and you're right -that shirt is perfect :) Aren't they perceptive and sweet boys!