Monday, May 5, 2008

I Love Algebra!

Today at work I had a phone message from the parent of a former student. I taught this young lady, Desiree, in fifth grade three years ago. She's gifted, motivated, and amazing! She's also struggling with Algebra all of a sudden. Her mom asked if I could tutor her before state testing begins. I went over there tonight for two hours. It felt wonderful to visit with her again. Her father was right there making sure he understood it too. I was rather worried that I wouldn't remember how to do 8th grade algebra and embarrass myself in front of them. But a few minutes with the book and examples, and I was good to go. Afterwards, we had a wonderful visit. Today, I was reminded that I love teaching higher level math! Maybe I should go back to school for my single subject credential to become a middle or high school math teacher? Maybe...but not anything soon. I'm still enjoying doing no homework after 21 months of it!

No comments: