Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I tried...I really did!

Forced myself to put on my walking shoes and head out to the track. Only there was no parking to be found because all the baseball fields were in use next to the track. There were even cars circling the parking lot stalking people for a parking spot. So I drove over to the high school track. That track was pitch black at 7 p.m.--no lights. No way was I walking it alone in the dark. So I drove back home. No walking tonight. I'll be glad for daylight savings time this weekend. I need to get out earlier to walk, that's for sure!

To make up for the lack of exercise, I searched online for a walking DVD. I have a few videos but we don't really use a VCR anymore. So I ordered this one: Amazon.com: Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home - 5 Mile Walk: Leslie Sansone: Movies & TV For about $11 I am buying myself a safe way to exercise when I can't get out and walk alone safely. I also ordered a couple of other books for my class and one for my youngest son.

So tomorrow I will head out by 6 p.m. to make sure I get that walk in. I need to find my pedometer too!

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, you definitely get an A for effort! I have really started to like Leslie Sansone. We usually have some of her walking videos on our Exercise on Demand Channel (Comcast). I liked doing them and had thought about getting some on DVD. Then, we bought the treadmill, so I won't be buying any videos.

Aww man, the time changes already? Bummer. That means my husband will be out playing golf every day until much later :(

Find that pedometer and keep walking. Let us know how you're doing... I'm trying to keep track of mine per week. :)

Anonymous said...

At least you tried! One thing I did this week was dig out my pedometer, so it's a start. I haven't seen those videos yet, but they look very good!