Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Night

How can the weekend be over? Time flies when you are having fun, I guess. Nothing major went on this weekend, other than my niece's 3rd birthday party. That was a fun event where I got to catch up with family. The purple poncho I made her seemed to fit well. My oldest niece, age 24, didn't even know I had learned to knit. She requested a shrug or poncho too. Another "knitting project" to add to my sidebar. My hubby and I did a photo shoot this morning for a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary soon. The shoot included their children, grandchildren, and great-grandson. It was fun and we had gorgeous weather!

Didn't do a whole lot of reading this weekend, just bits and pieces of the Real Boys book I've been working on for a couple of months or more in between fiction reading.

I got lots of knitting done, sewing up my first poncho and casting on for the first baby blanket. I'm still finishing up the mohair scarf too for a friend in Wyoming.

I did some baking Saturday morning, making a delicious Overnight Coffeecake (though I baked it right away, LOL) for my son's annual staff group at the high school. I also made some Pillsbury crescent rolls with some jelly in them before baking. This is a treat my mom used to make us when we were kids. I had never made them for my boys, even though it is so simple. Having one brought back a lot of happy memories!

Tomorrow I have to report for jury duty. I've never been placed on a jury panel though I'd love to do it once! We'll see what happens. I'm not sure if knitting needles are allowed in the courthouse, so I will just take my textbook for my master's course. I'll force myself to make good use of any waiting time and make a dent in the ton of reading I have this week. That way I can knit at home later!

Some goals for this week:

  • Finish knitting the mohair scarf
  • Keep knitting on the pink baby blanket
  • Hit Target for some birthday gifts
  • Get all my master's homework done by Friday night so I can enjoy the weekend
  • Return some books to the library and pick up others on hold
  • Download pics of my son and his 1/2 marathon medal and blog those
  • Eat much healthier and drink more water
  • Prep some supplies for charity knitting
  • Order my son's graduation photos and graduation announcements
  • Have a coffee date with my girlfriend, Tina
  • Hopefully make a date with my hubby for dinner out and a movie on the weekend
  • Go to Michael's to use a coupon for a Valentine's decoration

Here's hoping everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! The photo shoot sounds fun :)

I don't think I've ever heard of putting jelly in crescent rolls. You do it before baking, when the dough is uncooked? Cool :)

You know, I've received several jury summons over the last few years, but haven't had to report (thank goodness, and knock on wood. Saying this, I'll probably get one in the mail today!). The last one was federal and the fine print had a thing about not bringing anything to the courthouse, including a book. I didn't get that at all.

Hope you have a great week!