Friday, January 4, 2008

Rainy days

are a favorite of mine if I can stay home. I don't care for driving around in the rain and living in Southern California, we don't get much rain. But we are on "Stormwatch" this weekend. The rain just started. All three of my sons are gone for the evening. One is spending the night at his best friend's home. Another is out at a family friend's home. The eldest is at the Natural History Museum for a concert. He's the one I'm most concerned about, out on a rainy night with his cousin driving them. More worried about other drivers who don't pay attention to their driving in the rain. I won't be 100% relaxed until he is home safely.

Two more days of vacation and then back to work. I think I am ready to go back on Monday. I don't have anything planned for this weekend other than lunch out with my cousins tomorrow and working on my master's program homework. I plan to finish knitting my niece's poncho for her birthday party next weekend. I also want to bake some cookies. Perfect weather to bake in, right? Even though I baked a good 40 dozen cookies for Christmas to give away, I want to make some plain old chocolate chip cookies. Also want to read some and just enjoy my time at home. We still have Christmas decorations to pack up. Oh well, it will get done eventually!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read on another California blog that you guys were getting hit pretty bad with some nasty weather. Hope it clears up soon. Cookies always sound good. Sounds like you had a really nice Christmas break. Have a good weekend!